EV & Charging Station
Pure operational mission is to pursue low carbon transport option, proving values for the selection of EV, energy efficient, hybrid vehicles as well as public transport.
Electric Vehicles and Future of Transportation
Electric vehicle (EVs) run on electricity only. They are propelled by one or more electric motors powered by rechargeable battery banks.
EVs have several advantages over gasoline vehicles:
• Environmentally friendly. EVs emit no tailpipe pollutants, although the power plant producing the electricity may emit them. Electricity from nuclear-, hydro-, solar-, or wind- powered plants causes no air pollutants.
• Performance benefits. Electric motors provide quiet, smooth operation and stronger acceleration and require less maintenance than internal combustion engines (ICEs).
• Reduce energy dependence. Electricity is a domestic energy source.
• Energy efficient. EVs convert about 59%–62% of the electrical energy from the grid to power at the wheels. Conventional gasoline vehicles only convert about 17%–21% of the energy stored in gasoline to power at the wheels.
EVs have some drawbacks compared to gasoline vehicles:
• Driving range. Range is typically limited to 120 to 240 kms on a full charge although a few models can go 400 to 550 kms.
• Recharge time. Fully recharging the battery pack can take 4 to 8 hours. Even a "fast charge" to 80% capacity can take 30 min.
Batteries for EVs are designed for extended life, and studies by National Renewable Energy Laboratory suggest these batteries may last 12 to 15 years in moderate climates and 8 to 12 years in severe climates. However, these batteries are expensive, and replacing them may be costly if they fail.
Middle East and Africa Electric Vehicle Charging Stations Market, The electric vehicle charging stations market is segmented on the basis of charging stations, vehicle type, installation type, technology and charger type . By Charging Stations (AC Charging/Normal Charging Station, DC Charging/Super Charging Station and Inductive Charging Station), Vehicle Type (Battery Electric Vehicle (BEV)
An electric vehicle charges for per kilometer. New version of electric vehicles cost much higher than the predecessors, still it is cost-effective than fuel-efficient options. Dubai has almost 100 EV Charging Station Dubai. You can easily find one in your way. Normally, an electric vehicle offers 200-300 miles in one charge depending on the efficiency of the battery. The only drawback is that batteries tend to deplete faster in hotter environment and we all are aware of hotness of Dubai.
Normally, an electric vehicle takes 30 to 45 minutes to get up to 80% charge. You need not to charge it 100% before using. You can charge according to the distance need to cover. Many public EV Charging Station Dubai offer time function that can be managed from your phones.
It is good to rely on fast Electric vehicle charging when someone is getting late. But, using it most of the time can harsh the life of a battery. It is the most efficient method to harm your battery. High or low temperature causes adverse effect on the battery. Take care of them. Even, keeping the EV in shed in high temperature and keeping in garage in low temperature will help a lot. EV vehicles are widely accepted all over the world. Still, we have a lack of charging station. Governments are taking adequate options regarding this. Though, planning out the trips, identifying nearby charging stations will help a lot.